General terms and conditions
Tourist agency “Sara-Tours”, with its registered seat in Mandre, Ribarska 8 (hereinafter: the Agency), is engaged in mediation and making reservations in the name and on behalf of the owner to provide accommodation to the guest, and mediation in scooter, bike, boat and speedboat rental.
2. Reservations and payment
Inquiries for reservations are received by electronic mail, in writing, or in person at the agency’s office. Once a reservation is made, the guests confirms that he/she is familiar with these General Terms and Conditions. Thus, all of the above becomes legally binding for the guest and the Agency.
Reservations are made only by making a down payment, and the remaining amount shall be paid at the agency on arrival day.
3. Price of service
The price of accommodation includes the basic service, as stated in the reservation: daily rent, bed linen, towels, equipped kitchen with dishes and kitchenware, the costs of water, electricity and gas.
Special services are not included in price (breakfast, boat rental...), and they must be paid separately.
The prices of accommodation have been approved by the owner of the accommodation unit, and the owner has the right to change them.
For stays shorter than four days, the price shall be increased by 30%.
In case that accommodation prices change after check-in and before the down payment is made, the Agency shall inform the guest immediately and send him/her the new price calculation. The Agency guarantees that the guests who already made the down payment shall pay the remaining amount in accordance with the initial calculation based on which the guests booked their accommodation.
4. Categorization and description of services
The accommodation units offered are described in accordance with the official categorization of the competent institution. The standards of accommodation, food and other services may differ in certain areas, and cannot be compared.
Every guest must be welcomed to a clean and tidy accommodation unit. Additional towels and bed linen must be available to guests whose stay is longer than one week.
Guests can check in after 14:00 hours on arrival day, and check out by 10:00 hours on departure day. The keys can be obtained at the accommodation facility from the owner or from a representative of the agency.
5. Changes and cancellation by the Agency
The Agency has the right to change or cancel the accommodation that was booked in case of any extraordinary circumstances that cannot be avoided or eliminated arise before or during the vacation period. In such cases the Agency offers alternative accommodation to the guest in cooperation with the owner, with the guest’s approval and consent. The alternative accommodation must be of the same category or of a higher category at the same price as the accommodation booked by the guest.
6. Changes and cancellation by the guest
If the guest wants to change or cancel his reservation, he must do so in writing.
In case of a confirmed reservation in private accommodation, the date of receiving the written cancellation shall form the basis for the calculation of cancellation costs:
- 30 days and more prior to the beginning of the service the full amount shall be returned
- 29 to 20 days prior to the beginning of the service 50% of the paid amount shall be returned
- 19 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the service, there will be no refund.
If the guest is not able to arrive at the booked accommodation until midnight on the day of the beginning of the service, and he failed to inform the Agency of the service provider, the reservation shall be considered as cancelled, and the above stated costs shall apply.
7. Obligations of the Agency and the owner
The Agency is responsible for the performance of services and for choosing the owners, as well as for the rights and interests of guests in accordance with the practices in tourism. The owner must ensure that the guest is provided with all of the reserved services, and is therefore liable for any potential failure to perform the reserved services or parts of services. The Agency and the owner shall not be held responsible for any changes or failure to perform services due to a force majeure.
8. Obligations of the guest
The guest must:
- have valid travel documents,
- comply with the customs and foreign exchange regulations of the Republic of Croatia
- abide by the house rules of the accommodation unit and cooperate with the owner or the agency in good faith,
- reimburse the owner for any damage caused in the accommodation unit,
The guest shall be held liable and cover the costs incurred due to non-compliance with these obligations.
9. Resolving complaints
The guest has the right to request an adequate compensation for paid services that were not performed. The guest must submit a written complaint with his/her request.
The procedure of resolving complaints:
- If the guest arrives at the location and is not satisfied with the condition of the accommodation unit, the guest must inform the agency immediately upon arrival, or state his complaints to the owner immediately. The guest must cooperate with the agency’s representative and with the owner in good faith, so that the causes of his/her dissatisfaction could be eliminated. If the complaint is justified and the service provided by the owner is unsatisfactory, the Agency shall do everything in its power to ensure the guest with an acceptable solution which corresponds to the service paid to the owner. The Agency and the owner shall not provide a service of lesser value as the alternative accommodation.
- If the guest leaves the accommodation unit on his/her own initiative and finds a different accommodation, depriving thus the Agency of the chance to resolve the issue, the guest shall not be entitled to a refund and shall not be allowed to claim any compensation.
- The guest shall submit a written complaint to the Agency within 8 days from returning from the trip (together with a situation report signed by the owner, and any receipts for the incurred costs). The Agency shall resolve the complaint within 14 days from receiving the complaint. The guest shall refrain from mediation by any other person, court institution and from giving information to media until the Agency issues a decision. This excludes the guest's right to compensation for indirect damages. If the guest fails to state his/her complaint on inadequate services, or if the written complaint is submitted after 8 than 8 days from returning from the trip, the Agency shall not accept such complaints.
10. Court competence and jurisdiction
If the guest is dissatisfied with the complaint resolution provided by the Agency, the guest has the right to institute legal proceedings. The competent court shall be the court in Zadar.
Any complaints on last minute offers and accommodation with reduced promotional prices shall not be accepted!